Feb 19, 2009

Its a boy (or is it) and our Valentines day trip to Tokyo

It’s a boy or is it? We went to Tokyo last weekend to enjoy Valentines day at the New Sanno. We had a great weekend and ended up doing a 4D ultrasound of our baby, so we now have our first baby pictures. The 4D ultrasounds are really interesting since you can see the baby moving in real time and even see the skin texture. We had a 10 minute appointment and were provided with a DVD and about 10 still pictures, it was really awesome to see the baby moving around, yawn and stretching. At 17 weeks he’s still tiny, but it looks like everything is there. The ultrasound technician wouldn’t tell us the gender (since 4D ultrasounds are used mainly as a novelty), but in my opinion it looks like a boy, we’ll find out for sure at out next appointment.






We also went to the Blue Man Group (no pictures allowed, so check out this link), it was a fun experience as well. The show was about 2 hours long and for not saying a word the whole time it was cool to see the interaction with the crowd. I highly recommend going to see them if you ever get the chance.

For a Valentines day dinner we went to Lawry's Prime Rib. This is the same place I proposed to Koko a few years ago and one of our favorite places to eat.

Over the last week we also went golfing at Camp Zama, wow is all I can say. For it being in the middle of winter is was very fun to play. I’ve been in Japan for over 10 years and have never made my way up to the course, I’ve been missing out. I’m going to try to get up there a few more times before the ship leaves this summer. By the way, Koko is still golfing while she is pregnant and getting better each round.

Well, that's all for now. Since it took me a week to get this out, I have an update to my Camp Zama golf plan, me and Shawn L. and Shawn S. are going up on Saturday for a round. I hope the weather is nice. Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment